Review: Atomic Weight of Secrets by Eden Unger Bowditch


Atomic Weight of Secrets by Eden Unger Bowditch

Copy Courtesy of NetGalley and Bancroft Press
Release Date: March 15, 2011

Summary
Five brilliant children are taken by a whole host of men in black and taken to a farm. They are placed in the care of a teacher and nannies. Their parents are missing, and the children debate what they need to do to escape and find them.

Commentary
The kids are an amusing lot, and I seem to have a certain fondness for genius children so I enjoyed that part. I have to admit that I even found some of the more melodramatic characterizations of the kids amusing. There's also quite a bit of teaching about history which I thought was a nice touch.

The big big problem with this book is how it drags. You learn about the kids run-ins with the men in black, but I got so bored. The scenes went on and on... and on. I'm not sure that it would hold a kid's attention span, which is unfortunate because the book has some good teaching points mixed in with some whimsy.

Star Rating: 2.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for Atomic Weight of Secrets at Amazon

2 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Great review! I also thought this book dragged a bit, though I did really enjoy it overall.

 

That's too bad - great title and the cover is really interesting.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...