Review: Princess for Hire (Princess for Hire #1) by Lindsey Leavitt


Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt

Summary
Desi is hopelessly in love with a very cute boy in her class. Unfortunately, he is dating her former best friend who despises her so when Desi is offered a chance to become a stand-in princess, she jumps at the chance. Little does she know that the glamorous life of subbing for princesses is harder than she imagined.

Commentary
This is definitely one of those cute, fun, fluffy, and mostly brainless reads. I picked this book up after I had read a few dystopian pieces because its pink cover and frivolous title hinted that I would get a happy story. Happily, it provided just what I needed to recharge my reading batteries for heavier material.

A lot of this book is very silly which is great for lightening the mood and to just not think about what your reading. This book captures some of the wonder of being a princess although it also adds in how reality can make things different. I enjoyed these aspects although the end gets a bit too moral of the story for such a fun book.

Granted, a lot of YA books that I read when I was younger probably had moral of the story even when they were fun although I just don't seem to remember those parts as well. The morals have likely already been embedded deep within my mind somewhere. So, this was just a generally cute read.

Star Rating: 3.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for Princess for Hire at Amazon

3 comments: Jump to Comment Form

It looks cute and I love how the cover is so pink:) Thanks for the review!
-Danna

 

I agree that sometimes you need a lighter book after some heavy reads. I am getting to that point!

 

@BookGeek maybe you could check this one out when you do ^.^

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...