Review: One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress #2) by Jeaniene Frost


One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

*Note: The summary contains some spoilers if you haven't read the first book (Halfway to the Grave). You should read my review of Halfway to the Grave.*

Summary
Cat is now working for a super-secret division of the FBI, but without Bones by her side. She still kicks some serious vampire butt, but there is a gaping emptiness to it. Then, someone sets out to kill her, which in and of itself, is nothing special, but this someone knows much more than the ought to.

Commentary
I definitely finished this book with a grin o my face because those things which were good in the first book were still good in the second one. Cat is still awesome in her bad-ass vampire hunting role, and Bones, oh yes he is in this book (it wouldn't be right without him), is still delicious and British.

The major issue I had with One Foot in the Grave is the ending. Most of it was good, but the pacing, exchanges, and results right at the climax came across as less believable, silly and mostly a way to extend the scenes rather than good storytelling.

Fans of the first book will still want to read this, but the ending of this one makes me wary of the following ones. I worry that they will quickly decline in quality.

Star Rating: 3.5/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for One Foot in the Grave at Amazon

2 comments: Jump to Comment Form

The first book remains my favorite. I love the whole series mostly because of C&B's chemistry but nothing matches the magic of the first book for me.

 

@Karen that is often the case for me with series in general ^.^

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...