Review: Sheepfarmer's Daughter (The Deed of Paksenarrion #1) by Elizabeth Moon

After the series of YA books I've reviewed, it is perhaps time I showed that I read more adult books on occasion. Granted, because of the Harry Potter craze, a lot more fantasy is being published for YA than ever before even if some of it is of poor quality. Some of it is fabulous though, like Hunger Games which I have yet to post a review on but will do so at some point.


Sheepfarmer's Daughter by Elizabeth Moon

It started off quite promising: girl goes off to join a mercenary company to avoid marriage. Unfortunately, it devolves into long sequences of battle maneuvering rather than focusing much on the story. I feel so cheated out of character development. I also didn't like the amount of characters that died, but I suppose that's to be expected in a war book.

I'm not sure that I want to read the next in the series as I became less and less enamored with the book as it went on. I am sure that some people will like the battle sequences although I don't have enough military experience/theoretical background (read as none) to determine whether the fighting is realistic or not.

Check out prices for Sheepfarmer's Daughter at Amazon

0 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...