Review: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick


Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick

I can tell why many people like this book. The world setting of this book is very well thought out and the characters have a good amount of development. I, however, am not usually a great fan of events that happen just because (or at least to me, they happen just because). I also prefer conclusions that are more conclusive rather than open-ended. Granted, the genre of cyberpunk, at least the novels I have read, seem to like ending rather ambiguously. It is a general commentary that cyberpunk tends to make, I imagine, that leads to such endings. I can't say, however, that I particularly enjoy such endings.

The overall story of the ever decreasing line between humans and androids is shown through the relationships between humans and androids on earth. The somewhat confusing plot line jumps from event to event and leaves the reader with a sort of empty listless feeling (again something I seem to find in all the cyberpunk I read) while at the same time the scenes themselves are interesting.

So, while I did not enjoy the novel per se, I think I will continue to read the genre as the events in the novels themselves are interesting.

Check out prices for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? at Amazon

0 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...