Review: The God Engines by John Scalzi


The God Engines by John Scalzi

Enslaving gods to power space ships. O Scalzi, how you delight me with your stories. This book did indeed delight. It was wonderfully different in flavor from his other books, which tend to be much more light-hearted even though they talk about war. This book was dark, and at points, I felt like an evil cheshire cat was grinning at me. I crave more of this story but unfortunately it was a novella.

I liked the characters and felt like I got to know them even thought it was a short book! There is so much more to explore in this universe that you've now created for me, Scalzi. Alas, there is no more, and Scalzi has stated that the story doesn't lend itself to anything following. Really, the lack of a sequel or hope of a sequel is the only reason why I wouldn't rate it at 5 stars. The story is a truly wonderful read.

Check out prices for The God Engines at Amazon

0 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...