Review: Little Brother by Cory Doctorow



Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

Dystopian present, alternate reality games, characters I can relate to, and a plot that's well written what's not to love? It is also somewhat alarming how easily this might take place today. It almost seems cyberpunk, but it's not extended into the future enough perhaps to be called cyberpunk.

The main characters are your slightly anti-authority pretty intelligent kids, who are caught up in a plausible scenario with the US government. What happens to them and their quest to fight back is just a great read. I think plenty of nerds/geeks will like this although the references in the book will become dated in a few years.

This is my first Cory Doctorow read, and I don't think it will be my last.

Star Rating: 5.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for Little Brother at Amazon

2 comments: Jump to Comment Form

I think there was an episode of south park based on what you wrote...

If you find any truly dystopian, futuristic stories a la wind up girl or super sad true love story, be sure to tell me about them please. :)

--Sent from my iPad, which was not an impulse purchase.

 

@DWC your trolling is not appeciated :P

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...