Review: Redheart by Jackie Gamber


Redheart by Jackie Gamber

Copy Courtesy of Seventh Star Press
Already Released

Summary
Dragons and humans used to work in harmony, but human greed has soured this relationship. Now, a storm is brewing, one which could mean the end of mankind. Enter Kallon and Riza , the former is the heir to the head council position of the dragons in self imposed exile and the other is a girl on the run from a village too small for the ideas in her head. Together, they may be able to keep the world from tearing itself to pieces.

Commentary
Oh Redheart, how I wanted to like you more. You had dragons and a grand quest to save the world from destruction, you had a heroine outcast who was brave enough to strike out in the world along, you had a history that could have proved intricate and well-planned, and you failed to deliver. I wish it weren’t so.

Riza had all the makings of a grand heroine. Instead, she turned out to be a girl who really just couldn’t shut up. She not only annoyed the dragons around her, she annoyed me as well. Besides her initial initiative in leaving a village that wasn’t meant for her, Riza mostly played the part of the maiden in constant (I’m serious about constant) distress.

The dragons didn’t have as much depth as I might have wished. There was a hint at some history, but I didn’t feel like it was as fleshed out as it could have been (same thing with the history of the world in general). I was expecting an epic, and I think I instead got an epic-light, which was unfortunately not what I wanted at all.

I am sorry that I can not recommend this dragon book to you. I will keep reading and searching though.

Star Rating: 2.5/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for Redheart at Amazon

3 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Disappointed to hear you didn't like it that much. I'm reading it now, but I haven't gotten that far.

 

Oh, that's too bad! I hadn't seen it before this, but liked the description. Too bad it didn't have more depth-- maybe I'll keep it in mind for those moments where all I want is fluff!

 

@Laura Yah the description seemed pretty awesome >.> and I definitely wasn't looking for fluff when I read it heh~~

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...