Review: My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother #1) by Janette Rallison


My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

Summary
Savannah is in need of a fairy godmother because her boyfriend left her for her sister, but she gets assigned a fair godmother, Chrissy, instead. Chrissy is only a fair godmother because she's not very good at being a godmother. This, it turns out, means Savannah gets dumped into the Middle Ages.

Commentary
I read this as one of my recharges between other massive books, so I didn't really expect it to do much besides be fluffy and brainless. It turned out to be really funny. Despite the fact that this has some aspects of a fairy tale retelling, it definitely took off in a completely different tangent than other such books.

The charm of this book is really how irreverent it is with the fairy tales and how it makes fun of some of the shallowness of being a teen without coming off as preachy. There is some romance worked in which I actually enjoyed, but this is definitely not one of those teen books which are hot and heavy.

I am really looking forward to the next book, which is coming out in April. This was a lot of fun, and YOU, yes I'm talking to you there, should read it ^.^

Star Rating: 4.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for My Fair Godmother at Amazon

7 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Thanks for pointing me to this-- it was just the refresher that I needed. I think my daughter will love it as well!

 

This looks good! And funny! Awesome review!

And thanks for stopping by my blog and following me! I'm loving the blogging, but the everygrowing wish/TBR list isn't quite as good! ;)

Thanks, fellow book obsessed, and happy reading!

 

I love funny books! I'll have to try and pick this one up.

 

I am stopping by from Bobbie Crawford Mccoy's post in Book Blogs. Wanted to introduce myself and say hello to some fellow bloggers.

Stop by my blog if you like.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

 

This sounds like a light, fun read - glad you enjoyed it!

 

Yay I loved this book! At first I wasn't feeling that whole beginning with her sister, but once Savannah's part started I was hooked. I think I laughed out loud with that goat scene.

 

Great review! This sounds like a fun book. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...