Review: The Dragon's Path (The Dagger and Coin #1) by Daniel Abraham


The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham

Copy Courtesy of Netgalley and Orbit Books
Release: April 7, 2011

Summary
The drumbeat of war is sounding among the Free Cities, and the the actions of a few people will have great implications for the entire region. Meet our players, Cithrin - a ward of a bank in Vanai, Marcus - a famous general who lost his whole family, Geder - a rather bumbling scholar knight, and Dawson - a nobleman who is the head of a group opposed to the changes brought by a different group of nobles.

Commentary
This book feels like the start to a very epic series. We only begin to glimpse the extent of the forthcoming battles in this book, but if this book is any indication of what is to come, the rest of the books should be amazing.

There was fun fun court intrigue (I happen to really enjoy that). I especially enjoyed Cithrin who has some interesting surprises up her sleeve. The interactions between Marcus and his 'second in command' are also really amusing. Possibly the only person I didn't enjoy was Geder, but I feel like that's the way it is meant to be as he is a bumbling fool for the most part.

Despite the fact that this book feels like only the figurative tip of the iceberg, there was so much substance to the tip that I'm biting my nails at the fact that this is only the first book, which hasn't even been released officially yet. This means I'm going to have to wait FOREVER for the second book (and well the rest of the series). This is definitely an epic fantasy that people should sink their eyes into.

Star Rating: 4.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for The Dragon's Path at Amazon

5 comments: Jump to Comment Form

So you're saying I should have paid more attention to those ads in Shelf Awareness? :P I'll keep an eye out for this one now. I love epic fantasy.

 

@Small Review yep you SHOULD have paid attention heh ^.^

 

Nice review!
This book sounds like something I would enjoy.

 

This one is sitting on my Nook-- I almost started reading it yesterday. Sounds like I should definitely make time for it!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...