Third Sentence Thursday (#22)

Third Sentence Thursday
Grab the Code



Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme which waits with bated breath for third sentences from all over the world!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here (in the comments) or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!


"The sky sagged cold and wan, coughing splatters of phlegmatic sunlight onto the grey and empty farms." - Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente

What a dreary way to start the book o_0 The personification of the sky as a dying person is quite vivid. Granted this is taking place in Russia during the heyday of communism there so... I suppose she has a right to be writing a dreary sentence right then. I'm really excited for the Russian folklore aspects of this book along with the splendidly twisted writing that I've come to expect from Valente.

7 comments: Jump to Comment Form

I frigging LOVE Cat Valente's writing. Thanks for the sentence! :)

 

Wow, what imagery! That's quite the descriptive sentence!

Here's mine:
http://proudbooknerd.com/2011/04/27/third-sentence-thursday-my-name-is-memory/

 

hi Sniffly! that's depressing but very well-written.

here's my 3rd sentence for this week:
http://aobibliosphere.blogspot.com/2011/04/22nd-3rd-sentence-thursday.html

 

Here's mine: http://abigailannreading.blogspot.com/2011/04/third-sentence-thursday-8-time-of-gifts.html

 

Still love you Sniffly*air kiss*, My post today is in my right sidebar:
Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

 

i hope you continue to read Deathless, it's a beautiful, incredible, heart breaking book. my 2nd Valente, and it turned me into a complete fangirl for her!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...