Review: The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire #2) by Lindsey Leavitt


The Royal Treatment by Lindsey Leavitt

Copy Courtesy of Disney-Hyperion
Release: May 3, 2011

This is the second book in the series and the summary contains some spoilers such as the fact that there is a second book in the series. You should also check out my review of the first book Princess for Hire.

Summary
Desi has been studying really hard (music, lineage, and fashion among other things) so that she can officially become a Level Two sub. A Level Two sub's life is vastly more glamorous and complicated so Desi has to work extra hard, but she's also trying out for the high school play even though she's only in junior high. Basically, Desi's life just got a whole lot more complicated.

Commentary
While I enjoyed the first book in this series, I feel that the second book is better. This may be because the first book had to spend a lot of time building up what Facade was and introduce us to various characters while the second book gets to explore the world that Lindsey has created.

Desi was also a lot more timid in the first book whereas her confidence is much higher in The Royal Treatment, making her a much more fun character to follow. There is something very satisfying in reading about a character who works hard and in a sense is rewarded for what they have done.

I think this is a great book for teens, and even though I am no longer one, I still enjoyed the story greatly. It captures the thought process of a modern teen without sliding into the petty nonsense seen in a lot of other books, and I, for one, am delighted.

Star Rating: 4.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for The Royal Treatment at Amazon

6 comments: Jump to Comment Form

I've never heard of this series, but I'm so glad you wrote a review on it! I'm definitely going to have to check this one out now. Thanks :)

 

@Shaylene I hope you enjoy it ^.^

 

Thanks for the review. I've had the first one on my wish list for ages because I think my daughter would like it. Now that the second one is here, I'd better get it!

 

This is on my list to pick up. It was good to hear you liked it. Thanks for the review.

 

I loved the first one! 8 days til the second one, CAN NOT WAIT!

 

Both of the books sound good. I actually like back stories/backgrounds. I also like when series books can be stand-alones. Ideally, I prefer to read series in chronological order but it doesn't always happen that way.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...