Review: Assassin's Quest (Farseer #3) by Robin Hobb


Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb

Note: As this is the last book in the trilogy, there are spoilers in the summary. YOu can read my reviews of the previous books Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer #1) and Royal Assassin (Farseer #2)

Summary
Fitz is now believed dead by the vast majority of the Six Duchies. He also needs to remember what it means to be human since he melded so completely Night Eyes through the use of Wit The Six Duchies are still in danger from Forging, and salvation seems hopeless. In order to save his beloved country, Fitz meeds to regain his humanity and seek out his King, Verity.

Commentary
This series hasn't been much for happiness, and Assassin's Quest, the epic conclusion, is certainly not any happier. If anything, it is even bleaker and more frustrating than the previous ones. I don't like bleak books very much at all so I was not a fan. I finished this because I needed to know what happened.

Another thing that bothered me was how much thwarting Fitz has to get through not because I thought his journey should have been easier but because I just got really bored having Chivalry's depravity hammered into me ever other page. Basically, I just stopped caring.

I'm sure long arduous journeys and bleak outlooks appeal to some readers, but I'm not that reader. The characters themselves are very well fleshed-out, and there's a lot of detail to the story.

Star Rating: 1.5/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for Assassin's Quest at Amazon

5 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Oh - I just met this author and bought these books, but haven't read them - now I am nervous. They are not very close to the top of my TBR mountain anyway.
Thanks for stopping by The Wormhole and entering my giveaway!
Happy reading.

 

@Beverly There are a lot of people who have enjoyed these books so you may enjoy them ^.^

 

I was thinking the SAME thing when I finished this story. It was kind of depressing all around. However, some people enjoy a story that may end in a more "real" manner, rather than the perfect wrap up. I love my nice wrap ups, won't lie. lol.

 

Just blog surfing and spotted your blog. I find it very interesting.
Mike Draper
http://mikedraperinguilford.blogspot.com

 

@BookGeek lol, some neat wrap-ups I definitely like~~

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...