Review: Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice #2) by Joseph Delaney


Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney

This is an audiobook review.

*Note this is the second book in the series. You can take a gander at the review for the first book Revenge of the Witch.

Summary
Thomas is learning more about being a spook, and now he's accompanying the Spook to Priest town where they are really not welcome. He and the Spook are going to try to take care of a monster called The Bane which has poisoned the minds of the priests in Priest Town, but of course, that's easier said than done. Also, we get to see Alice again.

Commentary
The second book in this series also had it's slightly comical moments although I think the first book did it better. There are still the elements of a horror story here so some gruesome images although toned down for a younger audience.

Delaney manages the expectations of the reader really well yet again. I love the way he builds tension for the most part. I do think some of the moments could have been a bit faster, but I think my feelings may have more to do with my impatience with listening to an audiobook though although the narrator really does a great job with the voices again. I hope he continues to voice the other books.

At this point, I am still happy with this series although I can see the style losing its luster for me. You should definitely give this series a try though.

Star Rating: 3.5/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for Curse of the Bane at Amazon

0 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...