Review: The Pace (The Pace #1) by Selena Shorts


The Pace by Shelena Shorts

Summary
Weston is not immortal, but he doesn't age. Sophie is strangely drawn to him, and she also wants to know why his body does such strange things. Also

Commentary
My biggest gripe with this book: UC Berkeley doesn't have a medical school. Really, how hard would it have been for the author to do basic research BEFORE writing this book. It's not like Berkeley hides what schools it has >.>

My other big gripe: it claims that the blood from an animal injected into a human will completely overtake the human system, change the cells - in essence all of the DNA. If this were presented as magical blood, I would've been OK with it, but NO it's an old science experiment that did this.

Also, the male love interest strikes me as a total pushover stalker, and there's love at first sight which is somewhat nullified by 'historical' stuff, but I still wasn't all that pleased. In short, I did not like this book; it made me angry.

Star Rating: 1.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for The Pace at Amazon

1 comments:

The whole research thing is a big thing for me. Lauren Oliver got it right, Amalie Howard got it right because she made up the town and school. Hush Hush and Crescendo would have been good books if I had not been appalled by the lack of research. A Map! Check a picture or website for an existing business to use. Arghhhhh

Steph

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...