Review: The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski


The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski

Copy Courtesy of Egmont USA
Already Released

Summary
Sheridan has a talent for decorating cakes, but nothing else in her life seems to come as easily as cake decorating. Her mother left when she was young, and her father is immersed in his quest to become the next big chef star.

Commentary
There was a quite a bit of cake decorating going on in the book, and it sounded really delicious and pretty. I really wish I could see those cakes being made, and well I'm really just a sucker for anything having to do with cakes. Have I said cake enough in this paragraph yet? ^.~

Now, aside from the cake, I was annoyed with Sheridan a lot because she seemed to be stuck in her own self-pitying world, which drove all the other characters away. It was for the most part well written, but I think it was laid on too think. There were definitely times I wanted to try and slap some sense into her.

Basically, if the self-pity had been dialed back some, I would have really liked this book. As such, it was still an enjoyable and somewhat light read especially for anyone who has a cake obsession like me.

Star Rating: 3.5/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for The Sweetest Thing at Amazon

3 comments: Jump to Comment Form

I love it when food is such a large part of a book. Makes me so hungry though :P

 

@Small Review ^.^ This is why I have a bad habit of snacking while reading heh

 

I want to read this book based purely on the cover. So pretty!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...