Review: The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl #7) by Eoin Colfer


The Atlantis Complex by Eoin Colfer

Summary
Artemis Fowl wants to save the world, but he develops the Atlantis Complex and is losing his mind. An old enemy has also come back to wreak havoc.

Commentary
So, for a lot of this book, Artemis is basically not himself and what makes a lot of these books interesting is Artemis' personality, which since Artemis is under the grips of the Atlantis Complex, is absent. At one point we get a simpering fool of an alternate personality, who everyone including the reader will want to slap silly upside the head.

I'm not sure that this story really adds anything to the whole arc of Artemis Fowl as there really isn't character development for anyone involved. It instead reads more like a side story, and that, for me at least, was disappointing although it was nice to revisit the old characters again.

Star Rating: 2.0/5.0

For an explanation of the Star Rating go here.

Check out prices for The Atlantis Complex at Amazon

3 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Oh, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this one. I adore the Artemis Fowl series but this one probably was one of my least favourites (though I did still really like it). Hopefully the next (and last) book will be better for you - thanks for the review :).

 

@Liz I feel like a lot of Colfer's recent works are not as good :( I also hope the last one will be better ^.^

 

It is disappointing when books deviate from their established pattern. I respect authors for doing something different but I usually like the books based on its previous plot and characters.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...