Review: Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson


Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

I kinda liked it. I wanted to like it more. I know it's supposed to be "THE BOOK" for cyberpunk, but I just didn't like it as much as I would have liked. The world was interesting. The characters were weird, but the development wasn't bad. The random virtual swordplay was a lot of fun.

I think part of the problem was that I had a hard time visualizing some of the things which happened in the novel, which is probably due to my lack of visualization skills. The parts that I could imagine were fun though. The conception of the virtual world, its inhabitants, and its detailed history were really well done.

I also really didn't like the ending. I felt cheated, and this is probably my biggest problem with the book. I love my endings, and my perceptions of the ending are a big part of my overall perception of the book. Thus, the mediocre, somewhat unresolved ending was meeh.

Check out prices for Snow Crash at Amazon

0 comments: Jump to Comment Form

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...