Review: Kushiel's Dart (Kushiels Legacy #1) by Jacqueling Carey



Kushiel's Dart (Kushiels Legacy #1) by Jacqueling Carey

I got this book originally as a present. I hadn't heard of the author nor the book before, and I wasn't sure it was going to be any good although the cover did promise sex if nothing else (which is did have in abundance). Once I cracked it open, however, I simply couldn't stop reading it.

Some may say that the author makes too much out of each gesture, but I love the shades of meaning she packs into each character's thoughts and actions. There is a sort of enchantment that the characters have, which makes me love them.

While the Carey does draw a lot of details of the different cultures from existing ones, it's a lot of fun to discover each "new" one through the eyes of Phedre (the main character).

Terre d'Ange is made magnificent and gorgeous through Carey's descriptions, and the political intrigue throughout the kingdom is great to follow.

Basically, I really loved this book. I think people who are into romantic fantasy should pick this one up. Do be forewarned, that there is S&M.

Check out prices for Kushiel's Dart at Amazon

2 comments: Jump to Comment Form

I love this book, and the whole series. Definitely has a dark sex side, but very intriguing.

 

Ah, that's why it's definitely my favorite!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

This blog is proudly Captcha free~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...